New flower® Energy Saving Chamber
In the last years the energy saving subject has become increasingly important as the burning of fossil fuels for power generation is the largest source of CO2 emissions. This gas is now considered the major accused of global warming. The topic raised in the agenda of many private and public stakeholers who committed in providing subsidies to those companies investing in the use of energy-saving machines.
ACS paved the way to energy saving operations in the environmental testing field in 2004, obtaining flower® patent: the first energy-saving chamber.
Focusing as always on continuous improvement, today ACS is proud to present the NEW flower® with even higher performance, which can guarantee up to 70% energy savings compared to a conventional machine of similar performance.
With the new flower®, when the requested cold is less than that available, the exceeding cooling capacity is stored and later recovered in the following cooling phases, increasing efficiency and decreasing energy wasting.
Protecting and preserving the environment is one of our company's highest priorities, which is why it is certified to ISO14001. In line with its sustainability policies, ACS has been conducting research and development to reduce energy consumption and to increase the use of ecological and recyclable materials in order to develop products that reduce environmental damages at all stages of the product lifecycles.
The chamber, “flower®”, is the first result of this research, a truly innovative product in the field of climatic test chambers, thanks to its special design.
Reduced energy consumption up to 70%
It consumes about 70% less energy during the stabilization phases due to the unique and “patented” system which includes:
- An inverter that controls compressor speed and allows the compressor power to adapt different working needs
- A “cold sink”* to increase the cooling efficiency
Reduced noise level at 50%
50% noise reduction is obtained due to:
- An inverter on the compressor which reduces the rotation speed to about 40% of its nominal value according to working conditions
- An automatic control system that reduces condenser blower rotating speed according to ambient temperature and cooling power
These advantages are combined with the use of “environmentally friendly” materials during the production phase:
- No polyurethane in the insulation process
- Recyclable or easily disposable packing materials.
* The “cold sink” consists of a mixture of water and glycol having a specific solidification temperature of around -20°C. There are two heat exchangers inside the cold sink; one acts as an evaporator and the other as a super-cooler. When the cooling powers required are very low, the control system of “flower®” chamber keeps the rotation speed of the mechanical compressors at the minimum allowed values, and the excess coolant evaporates in the evaporator situated inside the cold sink; in this way the chamber accumulates a reserve of "cool" to be used at a later stage.